Thursday, October 15, 2009

Book Covers, Websites and Tastes

OK, the book's nearly ready to go to the publisher for formatting, but now I have to have a cover and we need to build an attractive website if we're going to do what's necessary to encourage folks to read it. But what do I know about images and such?

Alexa, the web information company, lists their Top 500 Global Sites. As you might have guessed, Google is no. 1, followed by Facebook, Yahoo!, YouTube and Windows Live.

Using Google, of course, I found Stayan Stefanov, a Yahoo! web developer working for the Exceptional Performance team. Whoa! horses. These guys are way beyond me. All I'll be able to do is rely upon people who know about such things. I do see, however, that Stayan has some valuable suggestions.



Then I find that there's a Blog - Judge a Book by its Cover - by many folks. They tell us De gustibus non est disputandum - There's no accounting for taste. Interesting Blog, full of book covers and some very interesting comments about them. I'm learning, but not sure what just yet.

Well, the search is on. Suggestions are welcome. Be assured that the image above is not Freya's Child.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? I would love to see a few words from you.