Friday, November 6, 2015

Near Death Experiences Better Than The Bible?

If I have given the impression that near-death experiences are real sources of information and knowledge about heaven or that we may look to them rather than God's revelation in Holy Scripture, then I must apologize. I relate rather to the following statement and encourage my readers to do the same.
Should We Trust People's Near-Death Experiences?Parchment and Pen Blog: I personally think that we, as Christians, should engage in NDE studies. I think the subject is important and fascinating. However, I would caution all Christian not to ever base their confidence in Christianity on subjective experiences such as these. God has already provided us with such significant evidence to the truthfulness of our faith in the historicity of the advent, death, and resurrection of Christ. This is enough to establish and secure our faith. It has stood the test of time and has overcome the most powerful of scrutinies. Testimonies from individuals about heaven should never be the basis for our conversion. It is troubling for me to to think that thousands of Christians are opting to hand out Heaven is for Real over The Case for the Resurrection of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? I would love to see a few words from you.