Thursday, September 17, 2009

Loyalty can turn on the look of a logo

Loyalty can turn on the look of a logo | Business | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

When I read this article a couple days back I was both disturbed and encouraged. It seems to me that I'm uncertain what my personal image is. Further, I'm uncertain about the image of the church that I belong to.
Once an image is established, whether it is a visible logo or the image that comes to the mind's eye, it is both difficult and dangerous to change it.
In establishing myself as a writer of novels -- something relatively few know about -- I will be asking again and again, What is my image? What do I want people to think about and see in their mind's eye when they hear my name?
Take the names of a couple universally known authors. What do you see and think about when you read the name Stephen King? Or John Grisham?
See my point? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? I would love to see a few words from you.