Wednesday, September 16, 2009

7 Articles To Help You Become a Twitter Ninja | Author Tech Tips

7 Articles To Help You Become a Twitter Ninja | Author Tech Tips: "7 Articles To Help You Become a Twitter Ninja
On 09.10.09, In Twitter, by Thomas Umstattd


If you want to level up your twitter skills here are seven of the best articles on the web to help you out.


After reading these guides you will become a true twitter ninja, young grass hopper."
Above is another article I've bumped into today --via Twitter, no less. You see, I got on Twitter a couple months back and soon soured with the idea.
I began to feel like the people who wrote the following objections:
Read the answers of Michael Hyatt, the CEO of Thomas Nelson publishers. Here is Hyatt’s post with his answers to these objections.




  1. Twitter sounds silly.”
  2. “I don’t understand how to do it.”
  3. “It think it would take too much time.”
  4. “It is too narcissistic or self-centered.”
  5. “I prefer Facebook or some other social media service.”
  6. “It is a poor substitute for real relationships.”
  7. “I don’t have anything interesting to say.”
  8. “I am concerned about my privacy.”
  9. “I don’t see how it could help my business.”
  10. “I don’t know how to get started.”
After opening my Twitter account I opened up my Facebook account. That suited me more. Now I'm committed to this 'business' of publishing my own third novel and I'm being asked by the marketing folks where my social networking skills are. So, reluctantly, I'm being dragged back into the matter of 'tweeting' on Twitter. What has happened? I'm a being of the 20th century when books and paper, TV and radio were all we had. And here I am in the 21st century, feeling like Alice who has just fallen down a rabbit hole. What a strange new world this is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? I would love to see a few words from you.