Monday, October 19, 2009

Destiny And The Holy Lance

Do you believe in destiny? That question plays an important part in my forthcoming novel. Do you?  

It seems that Adolph Hitler did. He believed it was his destiny to lead the Germanic/Aryan peoples to glorious rule of the entire world. To aid in this Hitler claimed it was his destiny to own the mysterious Holy Lance—the very lance driven by the Roman centurion into the side of the crucified Christ.

The Bible Probe website describes this passion of Hitler, together with a long and detailed history of this sacred relic.

"The spear finally wound up in the possession of the House of the Habsburgs and by 1912 was part of the treasure collection stored in Hofburg Museum. According to Ravenscroft it was in September of that year, while living in Vienna and working as a watercolor painter, that a young Adolf Hitler visited the Museum and learned of the lance and its reputation. Dr. Walter Stein, who accompanied Hitler on that visit, remembered, 'when we first stood side by side in front of the Spear of Destiny it appeared to me that Hitler was in so deep a condition of trance that he was suffering almost complete sense-denudation and a total lack of self-consciousness.'


"Hitler later said, 'I stood there quietly gazing upon it for several minutes quite oblivious to the scene around me. It seemed to carry some hidden inner meaning which evaded me, a meaning which I felt I inwardly knew yet could not bring to consciousness...I felt as though I myself had held it before in some earlier century of history. That I myself had once claimed it as my talisman of power and held the destiny of the world in my hands...'

"Hitler saw the lance as his mystical connection with generations of conquering Germanic leaders that had come before him. On March 14, 1938, after he had risen to power as the chancellor of Germany, Hitler annexed the state of Austria and ordered that the spear, along with the rest of the Habsburg collection, be sent to the city of Nuremberg, heart of the Nazi movement."

Hitler was destined, to be sure, but destined to be the most horrible murderer of millions and millions in all of human history.

Historians  H. Buechner & W. Bernhart, "Adolf Hitler and the Secrets of the Holy Lance, claim that a replica of the Holy Lance was returned to the Vienna Museum after WW II, while the real lance may have been squirreled away with other secret Nazi plundered treasure by Himmler and the SS to South America or Antarctica. Many mysteries of that infamous era remain unsolved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? I would love to see a few words from you.