Friday, March 4, 2022

What Does Our LORD Look Like?

On November 27, 2018 a dramatically new phase in my life began. It has taken the past three years for me to recover from it. A deep darkness closed around me, darkness that I had never personally known even though I had as Pastor over the years walked up to that unknown with scores of fellow believers as they gazed into it and then went forward, unafraid.

At 8:00 a.m. that Tuesday morning I stood before the lifeless body of my beloved, my helpmate, my companion for 61 years, my encourager, the mother of our three children, but she was not there. As I kissed her lips I knew that she had quietly walked through the valley of the shadow of death and into the Father's house! And a great emptiness filled my soul. What was I to do without her? How to go on?

Perhaps as you read these words you know of what I write. You know what it means to say goodby to a loved one, a dear friend, a child, a spouse, a parent. You know about the emptiness and loneliness that follows. I have only to remind you of it. 

Jesus and His angels are always with us as we walk towards the Father's house. Did He not say, "I am with you always, even to the end of the age?" I spoke about this today with one of the nurses who care for me as I spend my days and nights at John Knox Village, a wonder-ful retirement home here in south Texas. One of the questions she has is what Jesus looks like. Have we not all wondered that as well? Then she pointed me to the website of Akiane Kramarik a young artist who says that our LORD visited her and enabled her to paint His picture. You can find images of her many paintings, as well as the LORD Himself online at https://akiane.com/product/jesus/.

 Copies of her art and especially of her painting of Jesus are available online. 

Let me know what you think. Does our resurrected LORD look like Akiane's painting?


No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? I would love to see a few words from you.