Saturday, July 20, 2024

The Miracle of the failed assassination of former President Donald Trump

 I watched on TV most of the sessions of the Republican National Convention this week. Donald Trump's speech concluded the gathering with his acceptance of the convention's nomination of him as the next President of the United States. In his opening remarks he shared his feelings about escaping a sniper's attempt to assassinate him. He views it as a miracle of God that he is still alive and a call to the Republican party to move forward with the items on their platform. 

The final day of the convention was very much like a Christian  revival meeting with prayers, personal testimonies and a fiery sermon by the revival leader (a.k.a Donald Trump). Every delegate left the convention pumped and determined to follow their candidate to victory. 

As a personal follow up I opened Netflix to view the movie Trump again last evening. As I watched I was reminded that the former President is a flawed man--like us all. He has had numerous problems in his three mariages and in his multimillion dollar business empire. Despite it all he calls upon our nation to move forward. He believes we can make America Great again (MAGA).

The question is now whether he can convince the majority of our nation to follow him into the future. 

I am thankful to Almighty God for saving the life of our former president. I also pray to our Heavenly Father to protect him in the future. If it is the will of the Father that Donald Trump should serve again as our nation's leader I pray that He grant Donald wisdom and courage. These are difficult and dangerous times. My further prayer is that Donald receive the humility to confess his sins along with the rest of us and receive forgiveness in Christ. And finally I encourage you to join me in prayer as you read these words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? I would love to see a few words from you.